How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Albany
You understand you need to defend your home. Above all else, it’s the spot where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the best type of home defense? Determining if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief considerations you need to make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Albany and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection links to an external monitoring service that is prepared to offer assistance at any moment. When an entrypoint sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring specialists get a notification instantly. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have a backup team. You might think of this choice as self-monitored, which means that if your system is tripped, you have to act to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper route, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Albany
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support in place is always a good choice. If you are away from home, asleep, or don’t have your cell phone, your property and those inside will still be protected.
- Faster response times: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll respond in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security might make you eligible for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and flawless integration: By getting tools, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Many individuals would prefer to have the job done by qualified experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This may be acceptable for most as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Albany
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Install yourself: DIYers might consider this a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and not have an added charge. Others may wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to incorporate devices when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you may find assembling into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If an emergency takes place, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’re away from your smartphone and don’t receive a security warning? This scenario equates to more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you need a helping hand during an install, you might have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Albany
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Albany from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the right option for you. Contact (518) 303-3311 today to get started.