How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Albany
Home security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—a display that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras arrive armed with a number of tools all designed to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording options or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in Albany.
How To Set Up Your Albany Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Installing your security cameras on the perfect spots around your home is the first place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your front door, front walk, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the bedroom may impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Albany. The features listed below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device whenever abnormal movement is detected. You can also set cameras to automatically start recording when movements are discovered which helps increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your home security cameras to film and back up clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the device. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Albany is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (518) 303-3311 or fill out the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.