What features do you need in a baby monitor in Albany?
In previous generations of parenting, a baby monitor was quite basic. You install a component with a microphone in close contact to the sleeping area, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. For instance, many monitors now have high-definition video feeds and two-way talk. You may even link your monitors to Wi-Fi so you can roam all over the house. The leading baby monitors in Albany are so sophisticated that they resemble indoor security cameras in both functionality and expense.
Should you swap out a baby monitor for a home security camera?
Knowing that baby monitors and indoor security cameras have similar capabilities, there are numerous residents in Albany connecting their baby's room to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- especially when using to a Vivint smart home -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Night vision video: Your monitoring device should have at least 1080p HD resolution, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.
● Two-direction audio: Now you don’t need to go into the room to quiet your baby back to sleep. Your calming voice might be the only requirement to keep your little one asleep.
● Motion sensors: While it’s possible to have your monitoring device stay on constantly to keep a close eye on your child, your attention may start to lag. But if your video surveillance detects anything unusual, then you can get a notification to your smartphone. You will appreciate this when your adventurous newborn silently tries to climb up the crib or if your curious cat noses into the room.
● Recording capabilities: Most baby monitors do not capture the video. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a 20-second clip to grandparents to allow them a glimpse of what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Smartphone access: Instead of having to lug monitoring equipment wherever you go, you can watch from your smart home mobile app. You could even touch base with your child and sitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.