ADT® Authorized Dealer Serving Albany & Surrounding Areas
Vivint Security Monitor in Albany
September 23, 2021

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Albany?

Should I utilize a security camera as a baby monitor in Albany?

When setting up your baby’s room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, painted the space a soft, lighter shade, and created a fully-stocked diaper-changing area. The next step is to decide the way you're going to watch your baby sleep. You have the option of going with the conventional baby monitor that lets you hear on a separate listening device, or you could go high-tech and utilize HD video, 2-way communication, and instant activation through motion detection.

This advanced option is equivalent to the video surveillance incorporated in a complete home protection plan, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Albany? 

Your security camera baby monitor is part of your smart home installation

The nice thing about using a security camera as a baby monitor in Albany is that you can connect it to your corresponding home security and home automation devices. For instance, if you observe that your baby is having trouble falling asleep, you are able to adjust your thermostat from the security app to make it more comfortable. Additionally, when they wake up for a 2 a.m. bottle, you have the chance to slowly illuminate the nursery’s smart lighting to indicate that you're on your way. And if you have at least two small children in different rooms, you have the ability to supply each one a security camera and monitor the images in the same cell phone application.

An indoor security camera in Albany is an important aspect of your overall home security system

Regardless of whether you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your residential protection, get started by contacting Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint specialist will carefully explain your options and help you get the ideal security plan for your property. Place a call to (518) 303-3311 or submit the following form.